Currently, firms are struggling with cumbersome and time-consuming integrations and rollouts of monolithic DXPs, which are negatively impacting organizational agility and the ability to innovate. Monolithic digital experience platforms incorporate different services, all handled by a single vendor and housed under the same roof which adds both to the cost and the complexity and makes it difficult for users to integrate them with other software.
According to a Gartner report, by 2023 organizations that have shifted from monolithic DXPs and adopted an intelligent composable approach will outpace the competition by 80% in the speed of new feature implementation. So, the need of the hour is to shift to composable architecture and plan a roadmap with a focus on an incremental and modular approach.
A modern DXP uses a Headless CMS and its APIs to combine and coordinate applications. It enables businesses to follow the best-of-breed approach and use different tools to create a modular toolbox or tech stack that’s unique to organizational needs. Modular DXPs offer seamless, creative customer experiences across touchpoints.
Advantages of shifting to Modern DXP
• Enhanced collaboration: Fostered collaboration between the different teams serves as an environment where all parts of the content equation can work together to delight the audience with a unique experience.
• Customer-centric approach: Drive personalized and continually refined experiences by incorporating customer data management capabilities by collecting, unifying, and synchronizing customer attributes, preferences, and customer data.
• More agility and minimized time-to-market: Modular approach enables more agility and gives a window for innovations which leads to faster time to market.
• Holistic Visibility & Optimal use of customer data: Provides insights on client’s activities across all devices, digital experience platforms to create a highly personalized experience.
• Lower Technical Overhead: Without the need for expensive customizations and plugins for a monolith system, now resources are allocated appropriately for new pages and projects.
• Cloud-based: Provides self-service tools for (including but not limited to) monitoring, scaling up or down, continuous integration/continuous delivery, and DevOps tools for cloud deployment management. Also provides capabilities for containerization and microservices application deployments via common technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
• Future Ready: Advanced enough to accommodate and integrate the changes in both the technology and organizational landscape.
• Analytics & Optimization: Combines analytics with other functions, like personalization and user experience tools, to optimize experiences for target audiences.
• Artificial Intelligence: Enhances DXP capabilities in various ways, from anticipating audiences’ needs, classifying, collecting, and generating the content, providing automated assistance to customers through conversational interfaces, to assisting in intelligent presentation and delivery of experiences.
• Extensibility and Integration: Provides deep and broad RESTful APIs to enable various types of integrations and offer interoperability at various levels.
• Full Control: The modularity of API-first systems enables teams to easily add, upgrade, replace, and remove systems to meet their current needs without disrupting existing content or services.
Given the extra focus on customer experience across channels in the current era, it is the key priority to gain a competitive edge. So, now is the right time for organizations to make a switch to composable DXPs. But adoption of the same can be quite difficult without the right expertise to guide through the journey. Nevertheless, with the right strategic approach and possibly a trusted partner, desirable ideas of transforming the business can be put into action to achieve the intended goal. Know about our proposed approach in the subsequent blog titled – Migrating from Monolith system to Modular DXP.
Consultant, Cloud Engineering Studio, Brillio.
Presales and Business Consultant with 2 years of industry experience in delivering value for many digital transformation projects across the globe. Experienced in handling strategic alliances for AWS and Microsoft. Worked with different clients across Telecom, Retail, Hitech, and BFSI.