About the Client
Ciena/Blue Planet is a networking systems, services, and software company – driven by relentless pursuit of networking innovations – enabling their customers to adapt within ever-changing environments to deliver richer, more connected experiences.
Ciena/Blue Planet was seeking a solution that included a proactive approach for improved operational efficiency and reduced response time. The objective was to reach their customers faster and more proactively to reduce mean incident response and restoration time. Furthermore, as they look for a solution, there was a need to have a faster, reliable automated code build, test, and deploy process.
Brillio & Ciena / Blue Planet’s team jointly delivered a solution that included:
- Automated Diagnostics: Automated diagnostics runs the script to collect all logs whenever there is a problem in the platforms
- Log Collection: BP Platform will collect the logs/alerts based on the policies and rules that is defined on the monitoring of Nagios logs, ELK logs and BPI audit logs
- Call Home Server: Centralized call home server will be placed in the AWS cloud.
- Transport Logs: Secured connection between the BP platform & call home server helps to accumulate the logs in the central home server
- Business Dashboard: Created a business dashboard with rule-based capabilities which defines service health status for a specific customer.
- CI/CD automation: Set up a pipeline to help application development teams to deliver code changes frequently and reliably leveraging AWS native services like CodeCommit, CodeBuild and CodeDeploy. Our automated solution helps various data scientists to implement inbuild or custom machine learning algorithms to train and deploy the model.
AWS Services Used
- AWS S3
- AWS EC2
- Amazon EKS
- AWS Shield
- AWS WAF
- AWS CloudWatch
- AWS CloudTrail
- Amazon Aurora
- AWS CodeCommit
- AWS CodeBuild
- AWS CodeDeploy
Benefits and Business Impact
- Improved Operational Efficiency: Removed the operational difficulties of managing the Blue Planet platform through automation.
- Proactive Approach: Reduced the cost of customer outages by adopting a proactive approach to solving the platform centric problems.
- Reduced Response Time: Eliminate the overhead time associated with troubleshooting and log collection that can help the TAC team solve the problem faster.
- Deliver Quality with Efficiency: Automate and accelerate continuous integration implementation.